Public Health News
If you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, you should call your healthcare provider for instructions or visit the Cayuga Health System sampling site in Ithaca. Learn more about the sampling site in Ithaca and register to attend by clicking here. If you have concerns about transportation to the sampling site in Ithaca, call Schuyler Hospital at 607-535-8602.
If you develop emergency warning signs of COVID-19, get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs may include: trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion or inability to arouse, or bluish lips or face.
View the below image for what you need to know now that there are confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our community.
For a PDF version of the above image, click here.
Where can I find out more about COVID-19?
- Looking for tips for older adults and individuals who are more likely to get seriously sick from COVID-19? Click here.
- Have questions about how to make your own mask or cloth face covering and how to wear one? Click here.
- Want tips to protect your health when you go out to buy groceries or pick up other essential items? Click here.
- Have questions about what happens when a Schuyler County resident is tested for COVID-19? Click here.
- Did your healthcare provider recommend you manage your symptoms at home? Click here for tips.
- Feeling stressed or anxious? View our infographic for tips to take care of yourself and numbers you can call for support. Click here.
- Want to learn about the symptoms, how it spreads, and tips to stay healthy? Click here.
- Wondering what activities you should avoid to help stop the spread? Click here.
- Visit the New York State Department of Health’s website found here
- Call the New York State Department of Health 24/7 Hotline at 1-888-364-3065
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website found here
- Call Schuyler Hospital’s COVID-19 Hotline at 607-535-8602. Available Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Call Guthrie’s COVID-19 Information Lines at: